Re: nnimap and mail icon in the mode line

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: nnimap and mail icon in the mode line
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:15:39 -0000

> dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:
>> (setq display-time-use-mail-icon t)
> Looking at the code, if you set `display-time-mail-function' to
> something that queries your IMAP server, things should work, I think.

Did anybody implement such a thing?

> However, it sounds like something that would load the IMAP server
> unnecessarily if implemented naively.

My idea would be to copy all newly arriving email locally as well, I
wouldn't mind.  Is it possible that the imap method (in contrast to
nnimap) is doing just that?  But I would like to have the "remote"
functionality of nnimap preserved, i. e. that the replies will be stored
on the imap server and not only locally.

--
Thanks
        Dieter