Re: '=> gmane.emacs.help' as sender?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: '=> gmane.emacs.help' as sender?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 13:56:02 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:

>> Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> writes:
>>
>>> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>>> If you don't like that, replace %f with %F in your
>>> `gnus-summary-line-format'.
>>>
>>> ,----[ C-h v gnus-summary-line-format RET ]
>>> `----
>>

>> ... I followed this advice before sending this message, so lets see what
>> happens.
>
> almost perfect, without the '<tjoli' part in the end.
> here is the actual gnus-summary-line-format string:
>
> ,-------------------------------------
> | "%U%R%z%I%(%[%4L: %-23,23F%]%) %s\n"
> `-------------------------------------
>
> a bit cryptic for me, what to change to just get my first and last name
>   as sender string?

I see, the whole thing seems to be a local issue, you probably see
  something entirely different, since now the summary buffer looks like
  this for me:

,--------------------------------------------------------------------
| O  [  27: Thorsten Jolitz <tjolit] '=> gmane.emacs.help' as sender?
| OA     [  42: Tassilo Horn <tassilo@m]
| OA         [  64: Thorsten Jolitz <tjolit]
|  .             [  34: Thorsten Jolitz <tjolit]

I could probably set gnus-summary-line-format to

 | "%U%R%z%I%(%[%4L: %-15,15F%]%) %s\n"

then it would work for my name - but what for different name of
     different lenght? I always worked for all kind of names.

--
cheers,
Thorsten