Re: Deficient thread sorting in summary view

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Deficient thread sorting in summary view
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 18:45:29 +0200

> Okay, I added that in, but it didn't make any difference. I eval
> gnus-thread-sort-function:
>
> (gnus-thread-sort-by-number (not gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-date))
>
> That's what it gives me.

Strange, I'm running today's git gnus, but it has worked for me for
years.

>> In that case, the two first threads should be below the others...  I
>> checked in some mail group here, and for me it works just fine.
>
> Mine doesn't look like yours! The only other thread-related
> customization I've got is:
>
> (setq gnus-summary-thread-gathering-function
>   'gnus-gather-threads-by-references)
>
> Would that make any difference?

No, I have the same.

Is there a chance that you've set a different sorting strategy in the
group you used for testing (e.g., as a group parameter which might end
up in ~/.newsrc.eld)?  What does `C-h v gnus-thread-sort-functions' in
that wrongly sorted summary tell?

Bye,
Tassilo