simple "advanced" score file is apparently ignored (and Gnus

From: Fritz Wuehler
Subject: simple "advanced" score file is apparently ignored (and Gnus
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 19:33:10 +0200

After reading the manual and a few other guides, I cannot manage to
get the most simplest score file to work.

I put this text:

((
  ("subject" "my-keyword" nil nil s)
)1000)

in ~/News/all.SCORE.  I expect any article containing "my-keyword" in
any newsgroup to be highlighted.  Yet it does not.  The *messages*
buffer has no indication that ~/News/all.SCORE was read at all.

The manual has a few contradictions and ambiguities, so I tried
several variants of the above.  E.g.

(
 ((
  ("subject" "my-keyword")
)1000)
)

and:

(
 ((
  ("subject" "my-keyword" 9999 nil s)
))
)

and:

((
  ("subject" "my-keyword" 9999 nil s)
))

One part of the manual indicates that there are 2 paranthesis:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Score-File-Format.html#Score-File-Format

But then it refers to a section that states there must be 3 paranthesis:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Advanced-Scoring-Examples.html#Advanced-Scoring-Examples

There also seems to be multiple places to put the score.