GPG: Are attachments or headers also encrypted on C-c C-m C-c?

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: GPG: Are attachments or headers also encrypted on C-c C-m C-c?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:54:16 +0200

Hi,

Is a message encrypted with GnuPG (PGP/MIME) via C-c C-m C-c (or signed and
encrypted with C-c C-m
C-e) fully encrypted in the sense that attachments are also encrypted?

I would have guessed that only the main part/body of the email (without subject
headers or attachments) are encrypted, but I couldn't find sufficient
information on this.

Cheers,

Marius