Re: gnus-no-server and startup level

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Re: gnus-no-server and startup level
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:56:31 +0300

Jarmo Hurri <jarmo.hurri@syk.fi> writes:

> So I guess my only choice (?) is to play with
> gnus-level-default-subscribed. But this has not worked either. I have
> tried to set it to value 4 in .gnus, and also in hook gnus-started-hook,
> but nothing seems to help. Even if the variable has value 4 in the Group
> buffer, I still can not see my nnfolders.
>
> What's the right way to fix the problem?

Problem solved: I needed to setq the value of the variable in my
.emacs-file, not in any hooks or in .gnus.

But I would still appreciate the addition to the manual. And perhaps
somebody telling me if there is a better way to achieve what I have
done: playing with gnus-level-default-subscribed seems a bit weird to
me.

--

Jarmo