Re: Can't send emails to this list via gmane?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: Can't send emails to this list via gmane?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:26:35 +0100

wgreenhouse@riseup.net (W. Greenhouse) writes:

> Hi Rainer,
>
> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am not able to post on newsgroups via gmane. I can email to the
>> mailing list, but not post a new post or follow up via gmane. Below is
>> my .gnus.el, and I subscribed to the gmane mailing lists via B in the
>> groups buffer.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> What happens when you try to post, exactly?  What should happen is that,

Nothing - the message with the following headers:

From: Rainer M Krug <R.M.Krug@gmail.com>
Subject: Displaying all mail
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.gnus.user
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:57:31 +0100 (19 hours, 23 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
Fcc: /home/rkrug/Maildir/sent

is copied into the nnfolder+archive.sent.2013-03 but does not go
through.

> after sending an NNTP message for the first time to a particular Gmane
> newsgroup, you get a confirmation mail at the address you specified in
> "From:" which must be a valid email address.  You must reply to that

I did not receive any mail, and I can post to to the mailing from thunderbird
so I assume that
I should be able from gnus as well.

> confirmation message within a certain time (10 days, I believe) to have
> your message posted.  After that, you should be able to post to that
> group at any time without submitting a confirmation.
>
> There is nothing obviously amiss with your configuration that would
> prevent this from working.

Thant's good to hear (or not).

> Perhaps it is an issue on the Gmane end.
> For instance, you could check that your network is not on the block list
> at http://gmane.org/denied.php.  If you see your network there, you can
> use the web interface to post to the `gmane.discuss' newsgroup to
> request a resolution ( http://news.gmane.org/gmane.discuss ).

Same as above - I do not assume that I am blocked when using gnus but
not thunderbird.

> Best,
> Will

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)