Re: Always wide-reply in some newsgroups

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Always wide-reply in some newsgroups
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 16:42:41 +0200

Leonidas Tsampros <ltsampros@upnet.gr> writes:

Hi Leonidas,

>> Ah, right.  Now I use this:
>>
>> (setq gnus-parameters
>>       `([...]
>>      ;; In Gmane bug list groups, following up should wide reply
>>      (,(rx (or "gmane.emacs.auctex.bugs"
>>                "gmane.emacs.bugs"))
>>       (to-list . ""))))
>>

> I do something similar I think. Whenever I have a group that I know
> for sure that mails there are coming from a mailing list, I open a
> message and run M-x gnus-mailing-list-insignuate (or press A M).

Ah, nice, I didn't know this one.

> For example, on cedet-devel, the following group parameter was added:
>
> (to-list . "cedet-devel@lists.sourceforge.net")

For mailing list groups, I have

  (gnus-add-to-list t)

entries in `gnus-parameters'.  This makes Gnus set a `to-list' parameter
automatically when sending the first mail from that group.

> Also pressing  a from that group will add the to-list address in the
> To: field automatically which I find extremely valuable.

Yes, that's very convenient.  But with the two bug report groups, that's
not important, because you never send messages to the lists directly,
but only thru `M-x report-emacs-bug' or `M-x TeX-submit-bug-report'.
Therefore I use only one single `gnus-parameters' entry above with the
empty string as value for `to-list'.

Bye,
Tassilo