Re: Posting to usenet via gnus

From: W. Greenhouse
Subject: Re: Posting to usenet via gnus
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 00:54:02 -0400

SabreWolfy <sabrewolfy@gmail.com> writes:

> I run Emacs 23.3.1 with Gnus 5.13 under various Debian-based distributions,
> which I have configured to read news from Gmane. However, I post via the
> Gmane website. What is the best way to post directly from within Emacs? I've
> searched for a solution, but have not found one yet. Do I need to subscribe
> to each group and suppress mail delivery (I'm accessing via Gmane). Any
> guidance would be appreciated.

I'm slightly confused as to the problem.  If you want to post to mailing
lists using Gmane, just hit "a" to make a new post to a given list, or
"F" to make a followup.  The post will be sent following TMDA
verification (see below).

You must use a valid email address in the "From" field, because Gmane
will use this to send a confirmation email the first time you post to a
given mailing list to make sure you are a human.

This has nothing to do with subscribing to these mailing lists.  You do
not have to do this; in essence, Gmane has already "subscribed" on
behalf of all of its users--that's how it gets the mailing list messages.

--
BOFH excuse #162:

bugs in the RAID