Re: Folding in article window?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: Folding in article window?
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 08:44:30 +0200

wgreenhouse@riseup.net (W. Greenhouse)
writes:

> Hi Rainer,
>
> Rainer@krugs.de (Rainer M. Krug) writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am using notmuch for indexing and searching my emails and I must say I
>> really like it's folding of conversations, i.e. folding in the article
>> buffer.
>>
>> Is there something like this possible in gnus?
>>
>> If not, is there an easy way of opening the thread in notmuch (obviously
>> assuming it was indexed already)? Something like searching for the
>> subject or mail id using notmuch-search?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rainer
>
> See the variable `gnus-treat-hide-citation'.  This will elide quoted
> text for you, giving you a button to press to show the quoted text
> again.  You can also give the variable an integer, to elide only text
> below a certain quotation level.

Thanks

somehow this thread's response ended up on gmane.emacs.gnus.general.

I am looking for a kind of single thread summary buffer, in which I can
view the articles *in the summary buffer* by selecting them. Then they
are expanded, and by selecting them again, they can be collapsed again.

It seems that this does not exist in gnus.

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug