Re: My gnus does not fetch articles

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: My gnus does not fetch articles
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 07:27:23 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 16:03:19 +0200 vincent.belaiche@gmail.com (Vincent
> Belaïche) wrote:
>
> VB> Just to make more clears what happens: I get the message "No more
> VB> unseen articles". Also it seems that this happens only for some
> VB> groups, not all of them.
>
> I would make sure that your newsrc really was cleared.  It seems
> unlikely you cleared it if you're still getting this message (or it's
> a really weird bug).
>
> Try entering the group with `C-u 1 RET' for instance.  Does it get
> anything?  If no, this may be a long debugging session :)
>
> Ted
Hello,

What I did is:
1. I exited gnus with `q'
2. I edited the ~/.newsrc file and deleted both lines with
   fr.comp.text.tex and comp.soft-sys.math.scilab
3. I reentered gnus with `M-x gnus', and re-subscribed both these groups
   with `U' or `S S'
4. Both groups still have the same issue, whether I endter with `RET' or
   `C-u RET', I do not get the latest news. Surprising the last message
   I get is exactly the same as before cleanign the ~/.newsrc.

BR,
   Vincent.