Re: My gnus does not fetch articles

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: My gnus does not fetch articles
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 19:37:58 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 07:27:23 +0200 vincent.belaiche@gmail.com (Vincent
> Belaïche) wrote:
>
> VB> What I did is:
> VB> 1. I exited gnus with `q'
> VB> 2. I edited the ~/.newsrc file and deleted both lines with
> VB>    fr.comp.text.tex and comp.soft-sys.math.scilab
> VB> 3. I reentered gnus with `M-x gnus', and re-subscribed both these groups
> VB>    with `U' or `S S'
> VB> 4. Both groups still have the same issue, whether I endter with `RET' or
> VB>    `C-u RET', I do not get the latest news. Surprising the last message
> VB>    I get is exactly the same as before cleanign the ~/.newsrc.
>
> Huh.  Could you check if the Agent is on for those groups?

Sorry for the delay in feedbacking --- I have been quite busy with a few
new bugs on jPicEdt these days.

Having said that, I did not really know about the Agent... I will read
the manual and check that.

> Can you try as a completely new user and see if anything changes?

Well, I am accessing through a free server named news.gegeweb.org that
is provided by a good willed person --- so I would not like to bother
this kind person again to create a new account just for the sake of
debugging my gnus. So, I will do that as a last resort.

> It really seems like your state is being saved somewhere.

Hopefully there is an explanation, as I wrote it is quite surprising
that for some groups like comp.lang.perl.misc or gnu.emacs.gnus, things
seem normal, and for others like fr.comp.text.tex,
comp.soft-sys.math.scilab or fr.comp.applications.emacs that does not
work. Curiously it seems that those group that do not work are those for
which the server it probably located in France --- ?! --- like myself.

> Ted

  Vincent.