Re: non-latin names IMAP problem

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: non-latin names IMAP problem
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:27:17 +0200

basilio <basilio@gmx.com> writes:

> Gnus won't get non-latin IMAP folders names. Gets it like these:
>       *: nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/.AO ?>GB0
>       *: nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/.>@78=0
>       *: nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/.B?@02;5==K5
>       *: nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/.><5G5==K5
>       *: nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/!?0<
>       *: nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/'5@=>28:8

I think it should just work.  To test things, I've just created a new
label called いくつかの新しいラベル (which google translate gave me as
japanese translation of "some new label").  It works just fine with my
current Gnus from Git.

> I suspect that something is wrong with encoding but can do nothing
> with it. My system is Debian Wheezy (stable). Sorry for a newbie
> question.

It would be helpful if you could tell us your emacs and gnus versions.
(M-x emacs-version and M-x gnus-version will print them).

Bye,
Tassilo