Re: How to not get the Cc header in Gnus, on reply to mail

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to not get the Cc header in Gnus, on reply to mail
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 23:26:47 +0200

Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:

> (defvar my-email-addresses
>   '("my.primary@address.net"  ;The first one is the primary address.
>     "some.other@mail-address.com"
>     "yet.another@somewhere.net"))
>

> (let ((addr my-email-addresses))
>   (setq-default
>    user-mail-address (car addr)
>    message-alternative-emails (regexp-opt (cdr addr) 'words)
>    message-dont-reply-to-names (regexp-opt addr 'words)
>    gnus-ignored-from-addresses message-dont-reply-to-names))

Another thing, that you (or someone else) might be able
to figure out: when you (Mr. Likonen) answered my post,
I got the reply not only in gnu.emacs.gnus, but also as
*a mail*. This happens sometimes, but not
always. Although I don't mind people mailing me, in this
particular case, it would be better to just use the
newsgroup.

When you invoke a reply command, does my mail address
turn up in a header field? If so, is there anything I
could to do make this not happening?  Or, if it is
inevitable, can I somehow tell Gnus to not bring me
duplicates?

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573