Re: Mark own message automatically as read

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Mark own message automatically as read
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:29:10 +0200

> (setq gnus-gcc-mark-as-read t)

The documentation says:

"If non-nil, automatically mark Gcc articles as read."

To me, it sounds like all Gcc'd messages will be marked
as read. But even so, people very seldom use the Gcc
header anyway - or so it would seem.

I will definitely try this, because I have the same
problem as the OP. I sort of solved it by putting
*myself* in the KILL file, but that doesn't solve the
problem the OP mentions (or sort of) that this only
applies when I *enter* a group - optimally, I would
like all my "kills" applied transparently so I never
hear about them...

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573