Re: What's the best server and how do you setup gnus in emacs?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: What's the best server and how do you setup gnus in emacs?
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 19:53:38 +0200

>> Funny thing is, I recently started to worry that
>> people might perceive *me* as crazy, for answering
>> the same questions with virtually the same answers
>> over and over.
>
> It's more likely to be the weird line length that
> makes you look crazy.

I have fill-column 55. You seem to have 70-ish, but I
don't see that because Gnus fills your length to mine,
so to speak. That auto-filling is great, for example I
am never bothered by people posting from Google Groups
(those blank lines in between are filled away). The
only drawback is when source code is posted; I usually
take a look and if it seems like something I could use,
I do `C-u g' to get the (entire) article without any
washing.

The reason for 55 you can find here - I use a
projector, so the screen is 3-4 meters from me, and I
like a big font (face) at that:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/dumps/lines.png

So you see, when you get to know me, I'm not that
crazy... :)

PS. Speaking of this, I like reading magazines a lot,
like "The Ring", "Black Belt", "Linux Magazine", and so
on. Those typically have three columns a page, and they
are very pleasant to read. Probably the professional
writers write in a way to make it easy to digest, but
the form contributes as well, no doubt. So I think
people actually have too long lines! But like I said, I
had Gnus solve that for me :) DS.

--
underground experts united