Re: gnus hanging - how to see what it is doing

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: gnus hanging - how to see what it is doing
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 19:45:14 +0200

> Because I want to respect the wishes of the people I
> respond to.

Yeah, but are you sure this was set by the OP? He might
be using some software that has that by default.

> Also, I think setting X-No-Archive is kind of silly,
> if not asocial. This functionality helps to showcase
> that.

Yeah - why shouldn't it be archived? Many times I
Google a problem I see that some other guy has asked
about that same problem, and the following discussion
helps me to solve it, just as it helped him before me.

> In some environments the use of "X-" for
> non-standardized headers has been deprecated, as I
> understand it, but there are a number of de facto
> standard X-headers.

OK. Who then decides if it is a standard or not and is
this later formalized in some RFC?

Intuitively it seems a bad idea to prefix as "not
standard" as that would have to be changed (i.e., "X-"
removed) if it ever made it to the standard.

--
underground experts united