Move Mail/ and News/ from ~/ ?

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: Move Mail/ and News/ from ~/ ?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 21:48:57 -0700

I am considering moving my Gnus setup to a partition I share between
OSes. In this way, tick marks, subscribed folders etc will be easier to
keep in sync.

So for instance, I hope the following will have the desired effect.

(setq gnus-init-file "/e/.gnus")
(setq gnus-startup-file "/e/.newsrc")
(setq gnus-dribble-directory "/e/")

In fact, it seems this can all be done at once with

(setq gnus-home-directory "/e/")

But to deal with `~/Mail/` and `~/News/`, I'm not sure the most
convenient way. It appears that so many variables may point to it, that
it may be easier to simply symlink these two.

I have considered these other variables (I got most of this from word
search in Gnus help node), but I'm unsure that they would have the
desired and complete effect.

nnml-directory
mail-source-directory

gnus-article-save-directory