Re: several users for a single imap server

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: several users for a single imap server
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 15:09:40 +0200

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> My question is: how can I configure gnus to access the same server
> with two different users? I could not find where to specify the user
> in the select methods, and if I put two users in my authinfo, I don't
> know how to tell gnus to use one or the other.

The "machine" keyword in the .authinfo file can be a little misleading.

Gnus uses it to match the name of the server in the configuration, not
to find the hostname to connect to.

So you can just configure two entries in your secondary select methods
to refer to different lines in your .authinfo.

I.e. you can have something like this in your .gnus:

  (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
    '((nnimap "onename"   (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com"))
      (nnimap "another"   (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com"))))

And something like this in your .authinfo:

  machine onename login youremail@gmail.com password PASS1 port imap
  machine another login otheremal@gmail.com password PASS2 port imap

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I used to feel Emacs' way strange. Maybe updating           Adam Sjøgren
  the copyright years of Walt Disney's works every year  asjo@koldfront.dk