Re: How to save the attachment?)

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: How to save the attachment?)
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 03:12:34 +0200

Hi,

> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> In my Gnus it shows the message id as
>> 8761gfdupx.fsf@gmx.us. And indeed
>>
>>     8761gfdupx.fsf@gmx.us">http://mid.gmane.org/8761gfdupx.fsf@gmx.us
>>
>> Works. I see similar links to the one you see in the
>> References-header.
>
> I see the References-header containing first the same
> data as the Message-ID-header, then a list of mixed
> newsgroup/mailing list (?) IDs, e.g.,
> <87sijkcbor.fsf@gmx.us> and
> <mailman.9375.1411379666.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>.
>
> The @gmx.us stuff is obviously you. But then comes the
> mailing list reference as well, also from you. Only you
> have that as @gmx.us, but not I! Heck, this is
> confusing...

But is the newest Message-ID at a predicable place?  If so you could
split the string by newline (or C-q C-j).

My References contain no trace of your last message, but it sounds the
server you're using is working differently.

        <87fvfkpnzr.fsf@debian.uxu> <87sijkcbor.fsf@gmx.us>
        <mailman.9375.1411379666.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
        <87a95rfh2y.fsf@debian.uxu>
        <mailman.9412.1411433560.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
        <87r3z1uciq.fsf@debian.uxu>
        <mailman.9455.1411518329.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>

A quick way to get this into a nice list is (after loading org):

(mapcar (lambda (x) (replace-regexp-in-string "<?>?" "" x))
(org-split-string "<mailman.9299.1411299479.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
        <87fvfkpnzr.fsf@debian.uxu> <87sijkcbor.fsf@gmx.us>
        <mailman.9375.1411379666.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
        <87a95rfh2y.fsf@debian.uxu>
        <mailman.9412.1411433560.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
        <87r3z1uciq.fsf@debian.uxu>
        <mailman.9455.1411518329.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>" "

> In other headers, "info-gnus-english" is all over the
> place. 2014 is in the Date-header. 09 isn't anywhere,
> but "Sep" is in the Date-header, again. But where is
> 00059 (or even 59)? Nowhere in plain text, at least.

Maybe it has to do with `gnus-article-date-headers'?

—Rasmus

--
May contains speling mistake