Re: Prevent "save to ~/.authinfo[Y/y/N/n]" prompt

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: Prevent "save to ~/.authinfo[Y/y/N/n]" prompt
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 01:59:42 +0100

Brady Trainor <algebrat@uw.edu> writes:

> Hi, something is wrong with my gpg use, so until I fix it, I will just
> enter my password for each use. (I will likely start a new thread about
> my gpg soon.)
>
> But something I never really liked, is the prompt when doing so to save
> this information in `~/.authinfo'.
>
> Is there a way to prevent this prompt. I think it'd be nice for initial
> setup of Gnus as well, as storing passwords (securely) may not be the
> first thing you get around to, and one may get nervous about accidently
> saving it in this plain text file.

Hi Brady.

I have *never* seen this behaviour, so maybe it is some slight quirk at
your end which is causing it? Perhaps the way that something is
saved/configured in your gpg setup? But whatever is causing it, it is
definitely non-standard behaviour!

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.93.1