Re: Posting styles, identities... and my stupdity

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Posting styles, identities... and my stupdity
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 02:59:08 +0200

> Yes. I would _never_ use my work email address for
> private emails, and I would _never_ use my private
> email address for work email.

Why not? What does it matter?

I don't consider mail a uniform (tho I can instantly
spot if someone is custom to doing it or not) - it is a
method of communication. The contents is what matters -
just as you can speak formally just as you can write
informally (even in paleo-Greek).

>> Quoting should always be done and always exactly as
>> we do here... or else!
>
> Sure. And then you meet the real world.

So supposedly computer people who cannot use email
properly and do not quote and insist on age-long
meetings in person (which are negotiated in five, six,
or seven mails), the meeting itself boils down to what
could have been communicated in a mail in five seconds
- is that any more "real" than what we are doing right
now?

Just because it is stupid doesn't make it any more
real. On the contrary, in my opinion - people who
cannot use mail or only use it as overhead to setup
pointless age-long meetings - that is *less* real,
because that upholds the illusion (to some people) that
something productive is going on.

I've seen this a hundred times: especially to people in
positions of authority or supposedly computer people it
is embarrassing beyond belief.

No, with computers, I'm proud of my elitism, and I
expect the same from all craftsmen, be it computers or
carpentry or even poetry (even though I can't identify
with that).

--
underground experts united