Re: Make `r` and `F` behave as `S L` when replying to a message from a m

From: Denis Bitouzé
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 07:38:33 +0100

Le 06/11/14 à 16h08, Damien Wyart <damien.wyart@free.fr> a écrit :

> [ copy & fu2 gnus.emacs.gnus]
>
> * Denis Bitouzé <dbitouze@wanadoo.fr> in gnu.emacs.help:
>> I've just been told that when I reply (`r` or `F`) to a message from
>> a mailing list, the `To` is the original message sender's address
>> instead of the mailing list address, the latter being in the `Cc`
>> field.
>
>> It appears that it should be enough to use `S L` to get the expected
>> behavior (the mailing list address in the `To` field, nothing in
>> `Cc`), but I'd like a unique keybinding for all the "reply" actions.
>
>> Hence my question: how could I make `r` and `F` behave as `S L` when
>> replying to a message from a mailing list?
>
> If the lists have their own Gnus groups,

What do you mean by "Gnus" groups? Newsgroups, as provided by gmane for
instance?

> I think the simplest solution is to play with the corresponding group
> parameter to-address (and broken-reply-to if needed). See:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Group-Parameters.html

Unfortunately, some of the lists I'm subscribed to don't have any
newsgroup counterpart.

> Else writing a custom replying function might be needed

Sigh...

> but I don't think there exists a predefined funtion to check if
> a message is from a mailing-list

Sigh...

> (checking List-Id and X-Mailing-List might be enough, though).

A further check of the list's headers puzzled me: `Reply-To:` is the
list address, not the sender's one. Why Gnus doesn't take it into
account when I reply with `r` or `F`?

Thanks.
--
Denis