Re: They were right -- Gnus is better

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: They were right -- Gnus is better
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 03:55:02 +0100

Hikaru Ichijyo <ichijyo@macross.sdf.jp> writes:

> Just finding out if I was doing it the "right" way.

"There is no right or wrong – only what is and what
isn't".

> It sounds like gnus-posting-styles is a good way to
> set broad defaults.

It is even better to use `gnus-posting-styles' to set
the *exceptions* as long as the broad defaults can be
set in specific variables that aren't parsed or
matched, and that are documented for that specific
purpose alone.

Then, not only do the variables do configuration, they
can also be used as data if you want them in some
other context.

--
underground experts united