Re: gnus-calendar / gnus-icalendar in Emacs24?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: gnus-calendar / gnus-icalendar in Emacs24?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 22:07:06 +0100

Hi,

Gour <gour@atmarama.net> writes:

>> For what it's worth: I use DAVdroid to sync my phone with owncloud (I can
>> then use the normal calendar).  I use org-caldav to sync between owncloud
>> and my org-agenda.
>
> However, considering that I'm moving back to Emacs/org-mode, I'd like to use
> Gnus and it seems that I would be able to sync my org's calendar (agenda) with
> my phone, but I wonder what to do about contacts?

There's AsynK, but I haven't managed to make it work.

> I'm not much pleased with Evolution, but using it mostly for having ability to
> have decent contact app which is synced with phones via ownCloud allowing to
> get rid of using Google's services for that.

If you use Gnome, Gnome Contacts supports owncloud contacts.

> I know there was/is org-contacts, but not sure if it's still maintained and I
> never embraced BBDB(3).

BBDB3 is nice.  You may be able to setup sync between BBDB and owncloud
using AsynK.

> Any pointer which would enable me to use Gnus along with org-mode 'cause I
> really like ability to create tasks based on email messages?

org-capture works out of the box with Gnus.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
. . . The proofs are technical in nature and provides no real understanding