Re: alt-tab? really? you're joking...

From: incal
Subject: Re: alt-tab? really? you're joking...
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 01:12:38 +0100

Hikaru Ichijyo <ichijyo@macross.sdf.jp> writes:

> It seems that the key binding for name completion is
> M-TAB.

Completion sucks anyway. Setup aliases and type the
aliases instead: style, precision, speed.

Like this:

;; For example,  for mail addresses, .mailrc  can look
;; like this:
;;
;;   alias john    "John DiFool <difool@incal.com>"
;;   alias kate    "Katherine Moss <mossy@km.com>"
;;   alias friends john kate
;;
;; For Usenet groups, setup ordinary abbrevs:
;;
;;   (let*((write  '( ... )) ; other abbrevs
;;         (groups '(("geh" "gnu.emacs.help")
;;                   ("geg" "gnu.emacs.gnus")
;;                   ; ...
;;                   ("ges" "gnu.emacs.sources")))
;;         (both (append write groups)))
;;     (define-abbrev-table 'global-abbrev-table both) )

> That's just...amazing. Really. The fact that Emacs
> and BBDB come from a UNIX-centric world doesn't
> begin to explain that, since MS-Windows is not the
> only platform where that's used for windows
> switching. It's also true in WindowMaker (which I
> use), KDE, Gnome, and if I remember correctly, CDE
> (which kills any idea that maybe they were only
> thinking of commercial UNIX).

This rant is a waste of energy - just set the keys to
whatever you want.

> And the Info docs say that you can't rebind it.

Really? Can you quote that?

--
underground experts united