spam (was: alt-tab? really? you're joking...)

From: incal
Subject: spam (was: alt-tab? really? you're joking...)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 02:21:41 +0100

Hikaru Ichijyo <ichijyo@macross.sdf.jp> writes:

> I only keep the really good spam emails. There have
> been some classics:
>
> "If your warrior of love is too small, you may lose
> this war!" ...

You seem to get a lot of spam. While it is mostly the
job of the server software not to propagate it, last
line of defense client-side anti-spam is something I
would like to have better.

I have the KILL file which may look like this:

    (gnus-kill "From" "\"Dealsbycm.se\"" '(gnus-summary-mark-as-read nil "X") t)
    ;; etc.
    (gnus-expunge "X")

I do like the idea of basing anti-spam on header-value
pairs (and regexps), so you can just block them off
one by one. (On the server probably something more
advanced/powerful and algorithmic is called for,
depending on volume.)

What I don't like with the KILL file solution is that
it is in code (Elisp) contrary to just have a textfile
of data.

I did some work to automatize it: it works, without
giving the impression of being rock-steady. Something
like that should definitely be added to Gnus if it
isn't already.

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/gnus/lamer.el
    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/.zsh/special/gnus_kill

But I do get spam very rarely so someone must be doing
something right.

--
underground experts united