Re: Mail layout and fonts

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Mail layout and fonts
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 01:12:27 +0200

Eric Brown <brown@fastmail.com> writes:

> I agree. It would be fantastic if I could wrap an
> email in a "Use Courier Font to display this email."
>
> Then my beautiful text tables and figures (generated
> in R) could be sent to users who override the font
> of plain text, setting it to variable width fonts.
> Of course, this ruins the formatting and looks
> like gibberish.

Indeed. Tho I decided to stop worrying about that
long ago. It is better to focus on your own activity.
I wish I could impose techno-totalitarianism and make
the entire human race use world-class software with
all the right settings. But I can't so there is no
point being frustrated there. So you just continue
doing your tables and figures and don't worry about
your street cred when they eventually end up in
clients that virtually do a massacre on them...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573