Re: mail back to UTF-8 before save to HD

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: mail back to UTF-8 before save to HD
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 15:23:01 +0100

Emanuel writes:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>>> Only the Subject is now =?utf-8?B?w6XDpMO2IMOFw4TDlg==?

>> 8-bit is not allowed in headers; rfc2047 specifies
>> how to encode non-ascii values in headers - the
>> result is what you see.

> Then the only issue left is why the UTF-8 don't show
> up in the raw article mode.

They won't, because the standards (RFCs) do not allow 8-bit characters
in headers, as I just wrote above. "Raw" headers must be encoded, in the
way specified in rfc2047.

It is then up to the program displaying (or indexing, or searching) them
to decode the representation.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I am still twitching at the idea that you need to           Adam Sjøgren
  load code into the kernel in order to re-map a         asjo@koldfront.dk