Re: mail back to UTF-8 before save to HD

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: mail back to UTF-8 before save to HD
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 22:47:38 +0100

>> Then the only issue left is why the UTF-8 don't
>> show up in the raw article mode.
>
> They won't, because the standards (RFCs) do not
> allow 8-bit characters in headers, as I just wrote
> above. "Raw" headers must be encoded, in the way
> specified in rfc2047.

In the *bodies* of the archived mails (which are files
in UTF-8) the Swedish chars are now shown, but after
`C-u g' in Gnus article mode it is the same old -
compare these screenshots:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/pics/gnus-format/cat-archived-mail.png

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/pics/gnus-format/gnus-raw-article.png

--