Re: message auto-saving?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: message auto-saving?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 08:56:28 +0100

On 2016-03-24 19:55, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> writes:

>>> But more importantly, Gnus should know to
>>> look there!
>>
>> And what a strange place for auto-save files to end
>> up? It's definitely not a default that I can find on
>> my system...
>
> On my system, .emacs isn't even a directory but
> a file.

Sorry, I should had copied and pasted the path, instead of doing it by
hand. It's in .emacs.d/.cache/…

> To the OP: what system do you use? and did you
> configure it? were you able to replicate this
> situation using 'emacs -Q' or otherwise running it
> with a minimum of inits?

I guess this is the point where I admit I've been using Spacemacs for
the last few weeks. Looking at its code, I see that it is setting
`auto-save-list-file-prefix' to that place (with the exception of the
"site" suffix).

Thanks again to everyone,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂ (2016-02, Mauna Loa Obs.): 404.02