xdg-email vs browse-url-mail

From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
Subject: xdg-email vs browse-url-mail
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 14:51:01 +0200

Hi,

I just tried using browse-url-mail as a mailto-handler with the below
script as my mail handler (set in XFCE settings):

#!/bin/bash
mailto="${*//\"/}"
if [[ ! ${mailto} =~ ^mailto: ]]; then
    mailto="mailto:${mailto}";
fi
emacsclient -c --eval "(browse-url-mail \"${mailto}\")"

It seems to work with xdg-email, but when I use --attach to attach a
file, it just appears as an "Attach: /path/to/file" header instead of
the usual <#part thing. After sending, nothing is attached to the
received message that I can tell. Is there a way to make browse-url-mail
do the right thing, or to make message-mode treat that "Attach:" line
correctly?

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C