Making google-contacts integration work?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Making google-contacts integration work?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 09:38:27 +0100

Hi

macOS, Sierra.

I am using google contacts at the moment, but I don't get the tab
completion working. It only works, if I open google-contacts in a buffer
first, otherwise it endlessly (I guess  - haven't tried it for more than
three times) for my passphrase for oauth. Even storing this in the keyring
does continue asking.

I have in my .emacs.org the following:

,----
| (use-package google-contacts
|   :ensure t
|   :config
|   (require 'google-contacts)
|   (require 'google-contacts-gnus)
|   (require 'google-contacts-message)
| )
`----

which according to
https://julien.danjou.info/projects/emacs-packages#google-contacts
should be all needed.

Any suggestions on how I can get it to work?

I would like to stick with google-contacts, as I am sending via gmail
and have all the email addresses there even if they are not in the
addressbook.

Thanks,

Rainer

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)