How to anchor a match at the header beginning with nnmail-split-fancy?

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: How to anchor a match at the header beginning with nnmail-split-fancy?
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 15:10:00 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to convert my Gnus v5.13 setup from
nnmail-split-methods to nnmail-split-fancy (for spam detec-
tion, etc.).  I found the documentation a bit confusing (and
if I have an idea for improvement, I'll submit a patch), but
looking at nnmail-split-cache I eventually understood how
FIELD and VALUE are supposed to be set.

What I couldn't achieve is anchoring a match at the begin-
ning of a header, i. e. the equivalent for
nnmail-split-method's "^From: Real Name <mail@address>$".

Independent of INVERT-PARTIAL, the resulting regular expres-
sion (as shown in nnmail-split-cache) always starts with
"^\\(\\(From\\):.*\\)", and thus will allow arbitrary text
before "Real Name <mail@address>".  This seems to be hard-
coded in nnmail-split-it and is probably benign for most of
my incoming mail, but I don't want to meet the counterexam-
ple at 3 AM one day.

How can I anchor a match at the header beginning with
nnmail-split-fancy?  Or is this not possible (without using
a custom match in "(: FUNCTION ARG1 ARG2 …)")?

Tim