Can a mail-sources :prescript communicate progress back to the user?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Can a mail-sources :prescript communicate progress back to the user?
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2017 13:11:56 +0100

  Hi,

I am wondering whether there is any functionality for a :prescript in
mail-sources to report progress back to the user - e.g. by messages
being shown in the mini-buffer?

Having IMAP access cut off recently, I now have to use a :prescript
which connects to Microsoft Exchange Web Services and downloads emails.

It takes a while for the script to scan the relevant folders, so it
would be nice with some feedback like "Fetching from INBOX", "Fetching
from tests", etc.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Do I really want to set this in Denmark?"                   Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk