Re: Automatically sort groups into topics

From: B.V. Raghav
Subject: Re: Automatically sort groups into topics
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 23:59:47 +0530

john@ankarstrom.se (John Ankarström) writes:

> PS. Bonus question: is there any simple way to write a new
> message to a mailing list from its summary buffer? When replying,
> `S L` is very helpful, but that includes the original message. I
> would, at least, like a `S l` that creates a new message to the
> mailing list without the original message,

This is not an answer to your question. But still not orthogonal either
(I hope. In case your use case covers mailing lists archived on gmane or
other newsgroups.)

I access your message through nntp (aka Usenet, Newsgroup). And a simple
keybinding `a' from article buffer, or summary buffer, or group buffer
(while on the group) has the same effect --- start composing a message
to the newsgroup.

Here is the describe-key for `a'

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
a runs the command gnus-summary-post-news (found in
gnus-summary-mode-map), which is an interactive autoloaded compiled
Lisp function in ‘gnus-msg.el’.

It is bound to a, S p, <menu-bar> <Post> <Send a message (mail or
news)>.

(gnus-summary-post-news &optional ARG)

Start composing a message.  Post to the current group by default.
If ARG, don’t do that.  If ARG is 1, prompt for a group name to post to.
Depending on the selected group, the message might be either a mail or
a news.
#+END_QUOTE

HTH
--