Re: Gnus capitalizes non-header "from"

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Gnus capitalizes non-header "from"
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 08:38:29 +0100

Eric writes:

>> Are you sure Gnus is the program mangling it? It is mangled in your
>> sent-folder?
>>
>> I just tried emailing myself an attachment and "from" was untouched -
>> both in the copy in the sent-folder and the one I received through my
>> local Postfix. (I tried both with disposition=attachment and inline,
>> same result).
>
> FWIW, I tried it, and the "from" was capitalized in both the received
> and sent version.

Hm, interesting!

Difference in versions? In storage type?

(GNU Emacs 27.0.50 built from a7b7b85567f766ff510a5eaaaf32dbbbec15efd0,
nnml).

I would guess that storage formats that have more than one email per
file need to "escape" lines starting with "From " (as that is the
separator), and maybe something then happens to lines starting with
"from " as well?

If you view the raw article, what does the line look like then?

                                 o o o

Interestingly my attachment here was unmangled! What happens if you do a
similar attachment to your next follow-up here?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Repetition is the death of magic."                          Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk