Re: gnus-registry-marks; possible to search and filter for marks

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: gnus-registry-marks; possible to search and filter for marks
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 15:22:47 -0800

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> i use gnus-registry-marks to set the marks.
> That works, but i do not find commands to search or filter for
> particular marks.
>
> Is it possible?
> If not, what's the usage of such marks?

Well, they're nice to look at :)

I wrote a function for Gnorb that conducts an nnir search based on
information in the registry. It was horribly slow, because the registry
only records message-ids. So for each message found, it had to first do
a message-id->article-number lookup, then use that to actually retrieve
the article.

It was sort of too slow to be practically useful.

Eric