Re: Gnus notification of replies to my articles

From: Richmond
Subject: Re: Gnus notification of replies to my articles
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 09:16:36 +0000

> On Wednesday, 11 Mar 2020 at 20:09, Richmond wrote:
>>> Thanks. This seems complicated by mailing lists. I have changed the
>>> message id to something more recognisable, but I am not sure if I can
>>> post here through the news server...
>>
>> Well it looks like it didn't, so this is going through email...
>
> Mailing lists, or at least this one, do not touch the message id
> header.  In my experience, although the message-id may not be truly
> unique, when I used the references scoring option, it worked well.  Try
> with a reasonable regex for your typical message id and see if it works
> generally before worrying about having to make it unique?

Something wasn't quite right, because when looking at the news server,
and I pressed ^ from your article, it did not find my article. I have
complicated things by using different instances of gnus for email and
news. So when I use this email instance and did the same thing, it did
find the article.

So this post is by email and I have tried to set a message-id...