Re: nnir with notmuch gives error; sort: Wrong type argument: number-or-

From: physiculus
Subject: Re: nnir with notmuch gives error; sort: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 16:31:30 +0100

xuqi <haoyang@expoundite.net> writes:

hello,
yes the prefix is correct.
nnir-notmuch-remove-prefix is a variable defined in `nnir.el'.
Its value is "/home/held/Maildirnm/"

> I didn't look closely. But for example if you haven't customized the
> variable `nnir-notmuch-remove-prefix', it defaults to "$HOME/Mail", if
> your Maildir is not ~/Mail (Gnus advices against using ~/Mail for
> maildir, iirc), the processed results may point Gnus to a wrong
> location.
>
> Perhaps you can paste your nnmaildir config in your .gnus.el to the
> list, or point to me where to find it if you have done so. And the value
> of your `nnir-notmuch-remove-prefix', you can find that by pressing C-h
> v RET nnir-notmuch-remove-prefix RET.
>
> Then you can go to your *scratch* buffer -- sorry if it shows in bold
> when you read this, but the buffer name has asterisks -- and input the
> following, parentheses included:
>
>     (nnir-run-notmuch "Hock" "nnmaildir:Lokal")
this gives ?
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp "Hock")
  nnir-run-notmuch("Hock" "nnmaildir:Lokal")
  eval((nnir-run-notmuch "Hock" "nnmaildir:Lokal") nil)
  elisp--eval-last-sexp(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  funcall-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-last-sexp)

Is this meaningful for you?

Regards
Poul