Re: gmail

From: Richmond
Subject: Re: gmail
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 19:35:40 +0100

Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english <info-gnus-english@gnu.org> writes:

> Richmond writes:
>
>> Has gnus stopped working with gmail? I think I read maybe about some
>> changes to gmail.
>
> It seemsyou have to turn on "Less secure app access" in Gmail for IMAP
> authentication using password to work these days:

I went to that setting but it says this:

"This setting is not available for accounts with 2-Step Verification
enabled. Such accounts require an application-specific password for less
secure apps access. Learn more"

So I don't understand. I am able to use seamonkey and claws-mail with an
app password, and it used to work with gnus. I am using ssl on port 993.