wash forwarded threads

From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
Subject: wash forwarded threads
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 09:40:58 +0100

Hi,

I've read through the whole Info page on article washing, and now have
a much deeper appreciation for the dirty business of displaying readable
e-mails. However, there's a problem I still have: People keep forwarding
long threads of top-posted replies. Has anyone made anything to make
such things more readable? Ideally, it'd be possible to read such
e-mails as an ephemeral virtual group (similar to doing
`gnus-summary-enter-digest-group') where gnus has some heuristics for
looking for the next forwarded email, and splits the message into
a simple linear thread. Does this seem doable? Or has anyone else solved
this in some other way?

regards,
Kevin