Re: Universal "answered marks"?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Universal "answered marks"?
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 00:59:07 +0100

Lars-Johan Liman <info-gnus-english@cafax.se> writes:

> If I read the message in one of the folders, it will be marked as "read"
> (and eventually classified as old ("O")) in both. I perceive this as
> good. I only need to read it once.

Yes, that's through the crossposting support...

> But if I reply to the message, the "A" mark that indicates that I have
> answered the message only appears in the folder where I actually sat
> when I replied. If I go to the other folder, there is no indication on
> the summary line that I have replied to the message.

I'm not sure that would be workeable in general -- it could be annoying
to tick an article in one group and then having it be ticked in five
other groups, too.  But perhaps that would be nice for certain article
marks, like the "A" mark?  Actually, while I'm typing this, I get the
feeling that Gnus does have support for it somewhere, but I can't find
it...  Does anybody know whether this functionality is hiding somewhere?