Re: smtpmail-send-it: Sending failed: 504 5.5.2 <localhost>: Helo comman

From: jindam, vani
Subject: Re: smtpmail-send-it: Sending failed: 504 5.5.2 <localhost>: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 13:42:21 +0000

On 2022-12-09 23:14, Björn Bidar wrote:
Do you really need to add the credentials here? Try without them so
smptmail will try to use auth-source to retrieve the credentials.

These are my smtpmail settings:
      (use-package smtpmail
        :config
        (setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.server.de"
              smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.server.de"
              smtpmail-smtp-service "465"
              smtpmail-stream-type 'ssl
              smtpmail-servers-requiring-authorization ".*"))

i did again some more search. found about smtpmail.el
on SendingMail [1]. "This file is part of GNU Emacs."
caught my attention for smtpmail.el [2] search.

i modified smtp section on .gnus:
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "disroot.org")
(setq smtpmail-local-domain "domain")
(setq smtpmail-sendto-domain "domain")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-service "465")
(setq smtpmail-stream-type 'ssl)
(setq smtpmail-servers-requiring-authorization ".*")

For me these work like this, smtpmail will try to retrieve the
localdomain and sendto-domain by itself.

If you add either to the hosts file they should be fine.

Br,

Björn

[1] https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SendingMail#SmtpMail
[2] https://opensource.apple.com/source/emacs/emacs-50/emacs/lisp/mail/smtpmail.el.auto.html

regards,
jindam, vani

--
toots: @jindam_vani@c.im
others: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jindam_vani