Re: Keeping IMAP connection alive when using it in mail-sources

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Keeping IMAP connection alive when using it in mail-sources
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 19:18:46 +0100

Eric writes:

> Not with the code as it's written! There's a very definite
> (imap-close buf) at the end of the mail source fetching, then the buffer
> is deleted. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a keepalive option
> to imap.el, but someone would have to do that!

I guess changing mail-source-fetch-imap to check if the buffer already
exists and if the connected process is still there, and then not closing
imap and not killing the buffer at the end, would be the bare minimum.

Interesting.

Thanks for the pointer!

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Emacs [...] a [...] nuclear-powered Swiss Army            Adam Sjøgren
  knife favored by top-notch programmers and computer  asjo@koldfront.dk