info-gnustep

ANN: StepTalk 0.7.2 prerelease

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: ANN: StepTalk 0.7.2 prerelease
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:21:00 +0200

Hi,

I would like to announce prerelease of StepTalk 0.7.2

What is new?

* Created a workaround for gnustep-base Distributed Objects bug. Now
communication with distant objects shold work correctly and should not cause
segfaults or other odd behaviour.
* Some generated documentation added. * Implemented Framework support. How to
make Frameworks scriptable is here:
       http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Advertising%20Scripting%20Capabilities
   and how to use frameworks from your script is here:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Using%20Scripting%20Capabilities%20of%20Bundles

   In scripts or shell you simply do:
       Environment includeFramework:'MyFrameworkName'.
   and you can use framework's public classes. I'ts very simple.

*  Some Smalltalk parser bugs were fixed.</p>

Where to get it?

   http://steptalk.host.sk

Any patches/comments/bugreports/troublereports are welcome.

Enjoy,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://urbanek.host.sk

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi