info-gnustep

ANN: PDFKit 1.0.0 released

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: ANN: PDFKit 1.0.0 released
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 18:14:14 +0100

PDFKIT 1.0.0

------------

I am pleased to announce that yesterday I released a new version of PDFKit,
which comes originally from GSImageApps.

The main focus is the update to xpdf 3.0.4 sources instead of the old
3.0.2+patches. xpdf 3.0.4 is now dual licensed GPL v2 and v3.

Further news are:
* fixes in Media vs. Crop size, which made certain PDFs display with artifacts,
the bridge code now exposes both
* fixes to work with newer compilers and other issues with multi-document usage
(fix usage of static objects)
* change the way compiler and linker flags are passed to xpdf, by using
freetype-config: fixes NetBSD after so many years (OpenBSD still requires a
minor hack, since I suppose its freetype-config is broken)
* various clean-up in the make files
* some minor API changes to be a little more Apple-like or expose sizes
differently

The upgrade to xpdf 3.0.4 needed an API change, the release was bumped and
applications need a recompile. As far as I could I checked and no regressions
are known.

What is PDFKit: a PDF display library which wraps xpdf as a display engine

The current version is available here:
http://gap.nongnu.org/pdfkit/index.html

Happy new 2017 full of GNUstep hacking!

Riccardo