info-guix

Watch the talks before the Guix Day Conference!

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Watch the talks before the Guix Day Conference!
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:29:35 +0100

Hello guixers!

We are pleased to announce the release of the schedule for the first
online Guix Day Conference on Sunday November, 22nd.  This conference
is open to everyone and will be held entirely online.  No registration
fee.

Important: you need to watch the talks before the Guix Day Conference,
since we are *not* going to broadcast them during the conference.

You can find the recordings for the talks at
https://xana.lepiller.eu/guix-days-2020/, in the same order as the
sessions on the 22. We plan to move them to a better long-term storage
solution after the conference.

Each session is 25 minutes long with live Q&A for talks, and open
discussions for BoF sessions, via the BigBlueButton instance
gracefully hosted by Fosshost. Warm thanks to them!

The schedule for Sunday is:

10:00–10:25: GNU Guix in psychology research and teaching
10:30-10:55: Fixing the CI
11:00-11:25: Nix and Guix: similarities and differences

(break)

12:00-12:25: (BoF) From v1.2 to release process
12:30-12:55: Porting Guix to modern PowerPC
13:00-13:25: Just build it with Guix

(long break)

14:30-14:55: Progress so far on the Guix Build Coordinator
15:00-15:25: (BoF) Peer-to-peer substitutes and sources
15:30-15:55: Guile Hacker Handbook

(break)

16:30-16:55: (BoF) Rust and Cargo
17:00-17:25: Bootstrapping the Java Ecosystem
17:30-xx:yy: (BoF) The ways forward (roadmap and beyond)

Read more details at:
  <https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2020/online-guix-day-announce-2/>

We will update this page before the conference to add the links to the
video rooms.

We hope to see you soon at the Guix Day Conference!