info-mtools

[mtools] mtools 3.9.9 handles special charaters wrong?

From: andreas thorn
Subject: [mtools] mtools 3.9.9 handles special charaters wrong?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:14:53 -0000

(Sorry if this has been discussed before. I did not find any previous posting
about anything relating to this except for the the recent thread about
supporting japanese characters in filenames.)

I am using mattrib 3.9.9 with the batch mode attribute (-p) to modify file
attributes on a FAT32 partition (Windows XP) and mattrib seems to be handling
filenames containing $ incorrectly.

1) I use;
  mattrib -/ -p c:* >> batchfile.sh

2) And then when I do;
  sh batchfile.sh

I get alot of errors on files containing $

It seems mattrib wants to do the following;
  mattrib +h "C:/windows/$NtUninstallQ327979$/spuninst/spuninst.bat"

When it really should do;
  mattrib +h "C:/windows/\$NtUninstallQ327979\$/spuninst/spuninst.bat"

since $ is a special char in bash/csh

kind regards
Andreas

FORBES PICK - Professional Groupware Service
Share Calendars, Files, Contacts & Eliminate SPAM!

Click to learn more: http://www.norada.com