info-mtools

[mtools] mtools & Hebrew file names on floppies

From: Naomi Schor
Subject: [mtools] mtools & Hebrew file names on floppies
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:03:13 +0200 (IST)

Maybe you can refer me to something useful. I know how to see Hebrew file
names in a mounted file systems and in a local floppy. (all I need is to
add "iocharset=utf8" to the "/dev/fd0  /floppy  vfat..." line in fstab).

The problem is that I can't make it work for a thin client.

I run floppyd on my X server (Debian), and on the client I have
.mtoolsrc, which tells the client that its floppy is
a remote drive a: of a certain IP, and also I add the correct
stuff to the .Xauthority file. Now I can see & manage files on a local
floppy of the client by going to the URL "floppy:/a" in the file
manager (in my case a Hebrew enabled browser, Konqueror). This works
great, except I can't see Hebrew file names on the floppy, only gibberish
(other file names are fine).

I'm using  mtools  3.9.9-1 .

Do you know if this was solved, either for Hebrew or for another language?

Thanks,
Naomi